Cell Phone Policy
Please be courteous to others in your class by turning off all cell phones and pagers when you enter the classroom. Those disregarding this policy may be asked to leave a class. Refunds will not be granted.
Course Cancellation Policy
The Center for Lifelong Learning reserves the right to cancel any course for low enrollment. An attempt will be made to telephone students who are enrolled in the course; therefore, it is important that we have a valid phone number for you.
We will attempt to contact you to help you find an alternative course. However, if we are unable to do so, you will receive a 100% refund for the cancelled course.
If you do not receive your refund check within 4-6 weeks, call the Cashier’s Office at 313-845-9747 or write bmoon [at] hfcc [dot] edu .
Emergency Closing Policy
When HFCC closes, we also close.
HFCC broadcasts closing statements on major radio stations and TV channels. College closing information is also placed on HFCC’s main phone number, 313-845-9600. Notification also appears on HFCC's home web page at www.hfcc.edu.
When possible, we will post closing information on our main page under News & Events.
Participants in a class are periodically photographed. Photos may be used in Center for Lifelong Learning publications and for publicity purposes.
Center for Lifelong Learning course fees are assessed based on student residency.
If you have :
- resided in the Dearborn Public School District for at least six months immediately preceding the first day of classes, OR
- resided in the City of Dearborn Heights, Michigan AND pay taxes to the Dearborn Public School District, you will receive a discount on fees for Center for Lifelong Learning classes. You must show two proofs of residence, such as a Michigan driver’s license or identification card, voter registration card, insurance documents, or utility bills.
Resident discounted fees are designated in our brochure and on our website as “DbnRes”.
Refund & Attendance Policy
Refund Policy (On-Campus Courses)
- To drop a Center for Lifelong Learning course, you must call 313-317-1500.
- 100% of fees will be refunded to you if you call at least 24 hours before the course starts.
- 100% of fees will be refunded if the College cancels or changes the date of a course.
- 0% refund will be given after a course starts, even if you don’t attend.
- No refunds on Motorcycle Safety Education classes.
- Refunds: Refunds are paid by check regardless of whether you paid by check, cash, money order, or credit card.
- If you do not receive a refund check within 4-6 weeks, call the cashiers office at 313-845-6401.
Refund Policy (Online Courses/Programs)
- For 6-week online courses that start once a month (Ed2Go) 100% refund is available within 1 week of the start of the class for a full refund.
- You must attend a minimum of 80% of all classes to receive CEU credits and completion certificates (upon request). Classes which meet four (4) or fewer times require 100% attendance to meet this requirement.
- For 6-week online courses, you must receive a score of 80% or higher on the final exam or course assessment.
- Grade scheme for all CEU courses:
- OJM Objectives Met/Attendance requirements met;
- ATT Student attended some sessions, but did not meet other requirements;
- REG Student registered for the course.
- Grade scheme for all SB-CEU courses (State Board Approved Continuing Education for Michigan Public School Educators)
- OJM Objectives met and 100% attendance required
- REG Objectives and attendance requirements not met