Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not find an answer to your question on this page, CL2-4Life [at] hfcc [dot] edu (click here) and send us an email.
Table of Contents
- How do I get a copy of your course catalog?
- Why do I need to give you my date of birth when I register?
- Will my financial aid pay for Center for Lifelong Learning (CL2) classes?
- Can I drop a class and get a refund?
- How do I register for a class if my employer is paying the course fees?
- How do I get a Certificate of Completion or a transcript after I complete a CEU class?
- What if I don’t like my class?
- What happens if the class I want to take is full?
- Can I buy a class for someone else as a gift?
- I hate talking to a machine. When can I call your office to have my questions answered?
- Do you offer class discounts?
There are several options.
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to print a copy from the convenience of your home or office. With Adobe Acrobat, you can print the whole catalog or select certain pages. Just click on File, then Print, and then indicate the page(s) you want to print.
- Click here to go to the CL2 course brochure.
- While you are online, you can send us an email any time to CL2-4Life [at] hfcc [dot] edu
- You may also call us at (313) 317-1500 or toll-free 1-877-855-5252.
When you contact us by email or phone, we will mail you a current course catalog, if available, within 3 business days. We will also add your name to our mailing list.
Each student is assigned a student number the first time they register. However, most Continuing Education students do not remember their number. We use the birth date as a second layer of identification to help us correctly select your student number or create a new number so you can register.
When you register online using WebAdvisor, you receive immediate confirmation. If you register by fax or mail, we mail your registration confirmation usually within three business days from the day we receive it.
CL2 classes do not qualify for financial aid reimbursement. However, other funding such as Michigan Works! may be available.
You can drop most Center for Lifelong Learning classes up to 24 hours before class and receive a full refund. Refer to our Refund/Attendance Policy for other exceptions.
You must provide a letter of authorization from your employer at the time of registration. For more assistance, send us an email CL2-4life [at] hfcc [dot] edu . Otherwise, call us at (313)317-1500 for additional assistance or fax to (313)317-1508.
To obtain a Certificate of Completion, you must attend all the hours for all the sessions that a CEU-designated class meets, as verified by the instructor. Then submit an email request for a certificate, listing the course number, section number, and course title, along with your name to CL2-4Life [at] hfcc [dot] edu . You may also submit a request in writing by mail to:
Henry Ford Community College
Center for Lifelong Learning
22586 Ann Arbor Trail
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
The first copy is free. Replacement copies are $5.
Customer service is a hallmark of our program. If you attend the first session of your class and you are unhappy with the class, please let us know immediately. We will try to resolve your concerns or find an alternate class for you.
If you register by WebAdvisor you may elect to be placed on a waitlist during your registration session
If a class fills and your registration was faxed or mailed in, we place your name on a waitlist and mail you a registration statement with a waitlist notification within three business days. If a seat becomes available, we call students on the waitlist in the order they were received. You will not be charged for the class unless you are moved from the waitlist into official enrollment for the class.
What a great idea! Share a gift of education with a friend or relative by purchasing an HFCC gift certificate from the College Store on HFCC’s Main Campus.
Center for Lifelong Learning staff members are available and eager to answer your questions during normal business hours.
- Monday – Thursday 8 am – 7 pm
- Friday 8 am – 4 pm
- Saturday/Sunday Office Closed
If you do get a machine during these hours, we are probably helping other students. Please be patient, and leave a voicemail. We will call you back as soon as possible. You may also leave a message on voicemail after hours and on weekends.
Dearborn residents receive a discount off the standard course fee for most continuing education classes. This discount is shown as ‘DbnRes’ in the fees listed for a course. For example, when a course is listed as $94/ DbnRes$87, Dearborn residents pay $87, while all others pay the standard rate of $94.